Vacancies open for Research Assistants, Last Date to Apply 10 May 22
Vacancies of Research Assistant are available at Centre for Joint Warfare Studies (CENJOWS). CENJOWS is an independent ‘Think Tank’ under the HQ IDS and functions five days a week from 0900 hours to 1730hrs. Contract will be for one year, with 3 months probation.
Open to all civilians with Post Graduation/ Graduate or equivalent degree from any recognised university. Applicants with published research work will be preferred.
- Research and study on the subject (s) supporting the charter of CENJOWS and its core research areas.
- Write one Monograph Paper of minimum 10,000 words each year during the contract period on the subject assigned. The paper should be submitted for peer review latest by the 10th month each year to enable publication within the year.
- Write two web articles and one Issue Brief on the subject per quarter assigned during the period of contract. The Issue Brief should be submitted for peer review in the first fortnight of the third month of the quarter.
- Conduct minimum one seminar/ workshop/ round table discussion each year on the subject assigned and prepare the report.
- Liaise with government departments, educational institutions, Think Tanks and individuals, as applicable, and use available material documents, records etc for research.
- Compile, transcribe and edit papers and proceedings of events like seminars, discussions etc, held by CENJOWS, for their eventual publication in the form of a book/monograph/research paper.
- Assist other researchers to organise events for CENJOWS.
- Any other task assigned by Director, as delegated.
- It is mandatory to attend all events organised by CENJOWS.
- It is desirable that he/she contributes articles in Indian newspaper/magazines on contemporary international affairs. The CENJOWS should be informed of your publications outside of CENJOWS during the period of contract.
- Your publications and any other work outside of CENJOWS, during the period of contract, must reflect your appointment at CENJOWS.
- The copyright of all materials published lies with CENJOWS, New Delhi. Authors may use the article elsewhere after publication, with prior permission of CENJOWS and due acknowledgement given to the CENJOWS.
Starting Rs 25,000/- per month.